10 Things Humility Does That Pride Does Not
HUMILITY is the basis of servant leadership. Dale Burke explains what humility looks like and what it does in contrast to pride in How to Lead and Still Have a Life: The 8 Principles of Less is More Leadership.
1. Humility accepts responsibility. Pride blames others.
2. Humility promotes objectivity. Pride lives in denial and ignores the truth.
3. Humility increases teachability. Pride is close-minded and defensive.
4. Humility stimulates creativity. Pride lives inside our heads.
5. Humility expands flexibility. Pride is rigid and demands my way.
6. Humility boosts team morale. Pride inflates the self and deflates others.
7. Humility fosters loyalty. Pride looks out for the self and takes credit.
8. Humility pursues excellence. Pride sees itself as great but actually settles for mediocrity.
9. Humility brings balance. Pride demands control and has to do it all to keep control.
10. Humility promotes and maintains relevance. Pride lacks connection with others.
Follow us on Instagram and Twitter for additional leadership and personal development ideas.