End-of-Year letter and why Entrepreneur’s Handbook is especially relevant now more than ever
Dear Entrepreneur’s Handbook Community,
Like many of you, I set goals every year, including for Entrepreneur’s Handbook.
For this past year, the goals the team and I set for the publication were the following:
- Reach 275k followers
- Achieve 5 million views across all properties
- Launch the Entrepreneur’s Handbook Podcast and Community events programs
- Publish a feature with Medium founder, Ev Williams
- Create a Knowable course
- Strengthen our partnership with Medium
I’m thrilled to report that we hit all of these, minus the follower count goal (Medium did a purge of nonactive accounts mid-year that adjusted our numbers), in addition to a surprise initiative: launching Crypto Handbook.
None of this would have been possible without a strong community surrounding Entrepreneur’s Handbook, to whom I’m deeply grateful and would like to thank:
- Editor Stephen Moore and podcast host and producer Amardeep Parmar, you are two absolute powerhouses of excellent thinking and clear communication who have helped shape EH into what it is today. Thank you both for the amazing work.
- Tony Stubblebine, Scott Lamb, and Medium for being great partners and creating and protecting a fantastic platform on which to publish our content.
- Our readers. Thank you for continuing to read and listen to Entrepreneur’s Handbook. Your feedback and support have been super valuable and inspire us to maintain the editorial quality we’ve kept since we started eight years ago.
- Our writers. Thank you for partnering with Entrepreneur’s Handbook to publish your stories. It’s an honor to work with each of you and I love reading your work. I look forward to reading more from you in 2023.
Special shoutout to some of our regular contributors and writers of our biggest stories of the year: Arthur Hayes, Rachel Greenberg, Aaron Dinin, PhD, Pete Sena, Joseph Mavericks, Al Anany, DC Palter, Michael Lim, Jon Brosio, Tim Denning.
Looking ahead to 2023, I’m excited about our growth, our niche, and our team. Entrepreneur’s Handbook will continue to be the number one publication on Medium to find inspirational stories with practical takeaways for entrepreneurs.
We’ll continue to expand our brand surfaces and community engagement off of Medium but happily retain Medium as the home of our content.
The startup space has taken an interesting turn recently. The venture capital bubble has popped. Valuations are down. Funding is highly scrutinized. High interest rates are shifting investors’ attention away from risky startups and towards more traditional investments. The recession is clamping down on budgets, causing everyone to tighten their grip on their wallets.
These are the exact conditions for which Entrepreneur’s Handbook was created. It’s how we started. The Handbook publishes lessons on how to start a small business, how to bootstrap, how to turn ideas into income, how to create MVPs and take them from zero to one.
If ever there was a time to read and study Entrepreneur’s Handbook, it’s this upcoming year. It’s going to be a tough year, but I look forward to doubling down on our mission of being dedicated to helping entrepreneurs succeed no matter what.
Let’s make it a great year.
Thanks for reading.
-Dave, Stephen, and Amar